Kane Chronicles

A roleplaying site for fans of the Kane Chronicles series.

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
On August 1st, all incomplete character forms that have not been edited recently will be deleted. Finish them now!

Share | 

Kicking back at the couches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malevolent Snickerdoodle
Experienced newbie

Popularity : 4

PostSubject: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:33 pm

-Snickerdoodle Finn, Path of Nut-

I spotted large leather couches in a corner of the library, surrounding a dark, wooden table low to the ground. There were other couch-table combos like this around the large library, with magicians chatting or reading or playing chess. "Checkmate, mate," I heard one magician say to another in a game of chess.

I sat down gingerly on the leather couch, relaxing and opening up the mathbook. I was still achey all over from my fall off the roof. If it hadn't been for the bushes, I would probably either be dead or have several broken bones. Even now, I still hurt. I was covered in bruises and scratches, and I was pretty sure there was some internal bleeding going on. Maybe I would head over to the infirminary tomorrow to get checked out.

I read my mathbook, not quite taking in everything, but not completely oblivious, either. Every so often I would look around at the other magicians, watching them come and go. Ah. Libraries are peace.

OOC: SInce there are so many more colors, I couldn't get the exact hue right. Sorry...

_________
Snickerdoodle Finn/12/path of Nut
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

Popularity : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:29 pm

I walked around the library. it was huge! I mean really. Bigger really is better these days. Anyways, I walked around a bit, then spotted a kid in a corner, reading a book. I walked over. "Hi." I said meekly.

_________
Jesse Almeda, 19, male, Set
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malevolent Snickerdoodle
Experienced newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:15 pm

I looked up. "Hi," I asked. "Are you looking for someone or something?"

_________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:44 pm

"No," I said. "I'm just here to...uh...oh, I don't know." I sighed and sat down across from the kid. "I guess I've got nowhere better to be right now."

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

Popularity : 9

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:53 pm

-Ganesa Woods, path of Wadjet, 16 years of age-

I stepped into the library. Meh. I had seen bigger before. Now, where was Garnet? I knew she had arrived here earlier, but this place..this whole Brooklyn House, was big, bigger than I was. I would need to track Garnet down, especially since she tended to be a sneaky, devious little child. I walked around a bit. Most of the kids looked normal, chatting on about their day. I spotted two kids in the corner, making small talk. One of them looked about Garnet's age and the other looked way older, maybe 18 or 19. I headed on over to them and sat on an open couch/chair thing.

"Um, hi, sorry for interrupting," I said. "But I'm looking for my sister. She's sort of tall, brown hair, green eyes, looks like me?"

_________
Garnet Woods-13-Path of Thoth

Ganesa Woods-16-Path of Wadjet

Follow the rules. I didn't spend an hour writing them for this place to be a total anarchy, did I?

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Last edited by Jake Germany on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kane-chronicles.forumotion.com
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:57 pm

"No offense, but that doesn't help us much," I said. "What's her name? I'm sure I've seen her around." I laughed. "When you've been here a while, you tend to remember the faces." I laughed some more. "Or maybe you forget them. Anyways, who are you?" Wow, she was pretty cute. She looked too young for me, though.

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malevolent Snickerdoodle
Experienced newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:00 pm

"Uh, sort of tall, brown hair, green eyes. That seemed to match Garnet's description. "Well, what's her name? Because I have a friend who meets that description." Not that this girl gave me a very good description, anyhow. But it could be Garnet, and this girl did look like an older version of her. Same hair, same eyes, probably the same smile. Hmm. Garnet never mentioned having a sister.

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:13 pm

"Garnet Woods! Her name is Garnet Woods!" I almost screamed. "Sorry. It's just that I'm freaking out because it's my job to make sure she's not dead or doused in gasoline or anything, and I got here after her because I have another little sister at home, and she's too young to come here, well not really, she's 10, so I guess she could come, but I don't want to make this too hard on my parents, grabbing her and Garnet and leaving at the same time, so I sent Garnet first, and then I came after her, because I was like 'Wait, what if I sent her to the wrong place or something?' But then once I find Garnet we can go back to the house to get Galey, but I just need to find Garnet!" I stopped, out of breath. I just spilled out all of my plans to two complete strangers. Maybe I should just slow down.

"But that's not the point. I just need to find Garnet. "You say you have a friend that meets that description?"

_________

Follow the rules. I didn't spend an hour writing them for this place to be a total anarchy, did I?

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Malevolent Snickerdoodle
Experienced newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:19 pm

"Whoa, slow down there," I said. "You're going to combust or something. And yeah, I know Garnet. We went to Brooklyn and checked out some of the places there. She's back now." I took a breath. "I haven't seen her for a while, though. I think I saw her in the library with some other guy."

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:24 pm

I held up my hands. "Not me. I haven't heard of her or seen her at all, but I'll help you find her and keep an eye on her afterwards." Anything for this girl. "And what's your name?"

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:31 pm

"You went to Brooklyn, eh?" I said, looking at the shorter kid. "Well, who are you? And you, too," I said, pointing at the taller one. "I'm Ganesa, by the way. Wait, when you say she was with this one guy, what do you mean?"

Garnet wasn't really the boyfriend type, but then again, I hadn't seen her in a year. She might have changed. Most likely they were talking, but still, I wanted to make sure. After all, Garnet was sneaky and devious.

_________

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Malevolent Snickerdoodle
Experienced newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:34 pm

"Uh, yeah, Brooklyn." I said. "No harm done. Just Brooklyn." Should I mention that I'd been in Garnet's room? Probably not. Should I mention that garnet was the most amazing person ever and that I had a big crush? Definitely not. "And I'm Snickerdoodle Finn, path of Nut. Make fun of my name, and I'll probably kill you." I thought about Garnet in the library. "No, she was in the training room with the dude."

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm

"Ooooh, Brooklyn," I said teasingly to Snickerdoodle. "Like a date?" I laughed a little then looked back at Ganesa. "Jesse Almeda, path of Set." I paused for effect. "And if they were in the training room together, then they were probably training, right?"

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:41 pm

"Nice to meet you, Jesse," I nodded. He seemed harmless enough. "And as for you Snickerdoodle," I said, "I'll be watching you. Anyways, we don't need to worry about just what Garnet was doing, because when we find her, and notice I say when, we can interrogate her. She'll spill the beans soon enough." I cackled in a sinister way, rubbing my hands together. "She'll spill the beans all right. Yes, yes, yes she will."

_________

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Malevolent Snickerdoodle
Experienced newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 pm

"Shut up now." I muttered to Jesse behind clenched teeth. "You suck." I looked up at Ganesa. "Fine then. Watch me. But at least I'm relatively close to Garnet's age. He wasn't."

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:46 pm

I laughed a little. "Someone's getting angry," I said, then stopped. "Mmkay. Let's start by asking around the library. Sound like a plan?" I looked around. "This big library, so big and wide and probably impossible to search..." I trailed off. "Look, what path of god is she?"

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:08 pm

"Ha. I bet you don't even know her age," I said. "And besides, you look about nine." I had never really insulted someone before. It felt good. I turned to Jesse, looking up into his big brown eyes. "And no offense, but you're not much help here. I mean, you've never actually met Garnet." I winced. "Um, no offense. Really. I just...maybe I should just look by myself." I looked at Jesse, then turned to Snickerdoodle. "And you keep on bringing up this random kid, and I appreciate your concern, but it seems like your whole goal is just to get  Garnet in trouble."

Gosh, I was so mean. I felt like I was going to cry. Staying strong had never really been my thing. I sat back on the couch and buried my hands in it, crying. "Look, nevermind. Thanks, but please go away."

_________

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Malevolent Snickerdoodle
Experienced newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:11 pm

I stared at Ganesa. I almost wanted to feel bad for her, but then again...no way! "Fine then!" I shouted, too loud for a library. "I'm sorry you don't appreciate my help. You just arrived a few days ago, and I'm the only one who has actually SEEN Garnet recently." I picked up a book and hurled it at Ganesa's head, then stormed off, cursing the whole way.

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:13 pm

The book hit me in the guts just as I sat up and got myself together. "Oof," I said, then buried my face in my hands again and resumed crying. I knew Jesse was still there, watching me. "Look, don't you want to throw a book at me and then walk away, too?" I asked, peeking up at him through my fingers.

_________

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:18 pm

I rushed over to Ganesa and gently removed her hands from her face. I noticed she was crying. "It's Snickerdoodle, Ganesa,"I said gently. "He has...issues. ANd of course I don't want to throw a book at you." Making my move, I sat down next to her on the couch. "Look, Garnet's safe here. She's at home. Just relax." I paused. "I think you need to walk around with me a bit."

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:24 pm

"I..I can't. I shouldn't. I mean the walk. I would love to, but, well," I paused. "It's raining outside." I laughed a little, and just barely leaned closer to Jesse. Just barely. I doubted he would notice. I hardly had.

_________

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:26 pm

I turned and looked at Ganesa. "wait a minute. You're leaning on me." I watched her, smiling a bit. I do grow on people.

_________

Last edited by Kleptomaniac2109 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:29 pm

I looked at him. "What? No! I was just...uh...oh, fine. Maybe I was. So what?" I asked. I leaned in a little further. Then tilted my head to the side a bit. "But you sat right next to me. You had to see it coming."

_________

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Kleptomaniac2109
Little newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm

"And you're doing it again." I said. "So I guess you wont mind this." I picked Ganesa up off her spot on teh seat and sat her on top of me, wrapping my arms tight around her. From behind, I stroked her head. Her hair was soft and long. "Ganesa." I spoke her name.

_________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake Germany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:36 pm

"Ah!" I yelped. "You scared me there." I grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him full on, sinking into him slowly. "So, what does this mean?"I asked. "And don't get any ideas."

_________

Character pictures:

Don't click this link...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kicking back at the couches   

Back to top Go down

Kicking back at the couches
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next